Burmantofts & Richmond Hill ward has been the focus of regeneration activity for a number of years. The ward is made up of a number of different neighbourhood areas including Richmond Hill, East Bank, Cross Green, East End Park, Osmondthorpe and Burmantofts . It is a racially diverse area, with sizable Afro-Caribbean, Irish communities and immigrant communities, but suffers the social problems typical of similar areas across the country. Richmond Hill is a district of Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. The district lies 1 mile to the east of the city centre. It lies between York Road (A64 road), East End Park and Cross Green. The area is made up of a variety of different types of buildings and architecture. Since around 2000, the city centre has encroached into the Richmond Hill area.
Your UKIP representative campaigning in Burmantofts and Richmond Hill is Geoff Holloran
“I have lived in the Richmond Hill area all
of my life and during this time we have
sadly seen a steady decline in our area.
I believe that working with volunteers
and community groups in our area can
pay dividends with the single aim of
working for local people rather than
playing political games.
We should be giving priority to local
people for housing, education, health and social services and in planning.
Local peoples opinions should be respected and not overruled which has
not been the case recently with the Cross Green incinerator scheme.
I look forward to working with you in the future to make Burmantofts and
Richmond Hill a better place to live.”
• SCRAP LEEDS HOMES CHOICE BASED LETTINGS POLICY AND RETURN TO COUNCIL PROPERTIES BEING ALLOCATED
FROM A LOCAL HOUSING OFFICE WITH PRIORITY GIVEN TO LOCAL PEOPLE
• ZERO TOLERANCE OF ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOR AND NUISANCE
• SUPPORT CHILDCARE TO HELP FAMILIES MOVE OFF BENEFITS AND INTO WORK
• CREATE MORE COMMUNITY SUPPORT FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
• CUT RED TAPE FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
• SCRAP PROPOSED PLANS FOR THE LEEDS TROLLEY BUS SCHEME
• SUPPORT COMMUNITY GROUPS AND ORGANIZATIONS TO INCREASE THE OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE SUSTAINED
INVOLVEMENT OF CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE IN SPORT AND ACTIVE RECREATION
• ENSURE UK BENEFITS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ENTITLEMENT
• END ‘HEALTH TOURISM’ BY REQUIRING NON-UK CITIZENS TO PAY
• SCRAP THE BEDROOM TAX
• END UNCONTROLLED OPEN DOOR IMMIGRATION
• STOP SENDING £53 MILLION A DAY TO THE FAILED EU
• CUT FOREIGN AID
• END ABUSE OF UK ASYLUM SYSTEM